Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon you can trust. Selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon to perform your procedure is an important step in achieving your optimal surgical outcome safely.
Choosing an ASPS Member Surgeon ensures that you have selected a physician who:
- Is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS)
- Completed at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training
- Passed comprehensive oral and written exams
- Graduated from an accredited medical school
- Completed continuing medical education, including patient safety, each year
- Performs surgery in accredited, state-licensed, or Medicare-certified surgical facilities
ASPS Member Surgeons are your partners in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Look for the ASPS Member Surgeon logo.
Membership in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) designates your surgeon as an elite member of the plastic surgery community. Inquire about your plastic surgeon’s professional affiliations.
Dr. Clinton Webster is an ASPS board-certified plastic surgeon.
Although board-certification by the ASPS and membership in ASPS cannot guarantee the results of your plastic surgery, choosing a qualified surgeon is an important first step in helping to assure your safety and satisfaction.